Snow days are Quilting Days
Snow days are Quilting Days
Feb 10, 2014
While the rest of the world is complaining about the snow we have a great opportunity to quilt and watch the world become a scene from Dr. Zhivago. If you are hand quilting you have the extra advantage of using your quilt while working on it.
FedEx and UPS have been very busy delivering new fabrics. If you are attending the shows in Hampton, Virginia, or Somerset, New Jersey know that our booth will once again be overflowing. We always seem to take too much.
Punxsutawney Phil has told us there will be six more weeks of winter but that means spring will be here in a month and a half. We are prepared with some really pretty florals. The youngest junior partner is now president of Penn State Sailing Club (How did that happen she never sailed until her Freshman year?) So there is a selection of sailing related fabrics on our Fabrics-sports page.
The store is still in 'organization' stage but it is open, if the snow didn't prevent you from visiting, but be aware the furnishings are still in the moving van so fabric is everywhere. If you want to be sure we are there call 610-730-5622.
We found this logic and have problem and have added some of our newest fabrics and patterns to the clues. For a 10% off coupon send us your answers. Have Fun and Good Luck.
Crazy Quilt Riddle
Six women have a Quilting Bee. They are working on six different projects with six different fabrics of six different colors. Using the 15 clues below can you figure out who is making what project, out of what fabric and what color? Fran is just happy to be sewing.
1. Ann is making Starlight Panel Quilt (http://www.wilsonscalico.com/catalog/item/1631384/10006138.htm)
2. The dress is to be Peach
3. The Angela Anderson’s Spice Stripe (http://www.wilsonscalico.com/catalog/item/1960156/10002568.htm) is for a Striped Skirt Hostess Apron (http://www.wilsonscalico.com/catalog/item/1644019/9963812.htm)
4. The Elizabeth’s Studio’ Butterfly panel (http://www.wilsonscalico.com/catalog/item/8863272/10003141.htm) is not for the Harmony Quilt (http://www.wilsonscalico.com/catalog/item/1631384/10025642.htm)
5. Chris’ fabric is Blue
6. The Holly (http://www.wilsonscalico.com/catalog/item/8863274/10029302.htm) is green
7. The Northcott Harmony (http://www.wilsonscalico.com/catalog/item/1960156/10005855.htm) is Lavender
8. Ann’s fabric is Black
9. Edna is using Florals (http://www.wilsonscalico.citymax.com/catalog/item/1960156/10029348.htm)
10. The Panel Pocket Tote (http://www.wilsonscalico.citymax.com/catalog/item/1644019/9663497.htm) will be blue.
11. The green fabric is for Man’s Shirt Apron (http://www.wilsonscalico.citymax.com/catalog/item/1644019/9502650.htm)
12. The Striped Skirt hostess Apron (http://www.wilsonscalico.citymax.com/catalog/item/1644019/9963812.htm) is Barb’s project
13. The Black is not Windham’s Sail Away Posters (http://www.wilsonscalico.citymax.com/catalog/item/8863275/10030273.htm)
14. Barb’s fabric is Spice
15. Dee is not working with the Holly (http://www.wilsonscalico.citymax.com/catalog/item/8863274/10029302.htm)